Your hörbert has fallen on the encoder? If you are confident enough to repair it yourself, you will find the instructions below. If you cannot repair the encoder, it is also available as a spare part in our shop. You can order it and replace it yourself with the help of the instructions below. If you don’t want to do it yourself, you can of course send hörbert to us for inspection and repair.
Encoder removal guide:
- Loosen the rotary knob on the encoder with a 2mm hexagon socket/bus
- Loosen the nut under the knob. You will need an 11mm wrench/socket for this.
- Then pull the encoder out of the mounting hole and loosen the release from the ribbon cable on the encoder itself. To loosen the release, you have to push the two protruding black lugs on the right and left of the cable with your fingernails. Then carefully pull out the cable.
- The ribbon cable can get stuck in the board on the other side.
- Remove the encoder and carefully try to straighten it again.
- If this does not work, order the spare part from our shop or send it to hörbert by arrangement.
Install repaired or new encoder:
- Plug the cable into the encoder. Make sure that the cable is plugged in as shown in the picture and that the blue side is not inserted with the wrong polarity. The white side must be at the top.
- Push the release on the cable shut:
- Insert the encoder into the mounting hole of the housing and put on the nut.
- Tighten the nut with the 11 mm spanner.
- Put on the rotary knob – with a distance of approx. 1 mm to the housing – and tighten it with the grub screw and the 2mm hexagon socket. Done!
Print text as PDF: Anleitung Einbau neuer Encoder