The reset can only be done with the hörbert model 2021 via the SET function. It has the effect that hörbert is reset to the factory settings. This SET template, which is supplied with a new hörbert, shows which functions can be activated/deactivated via which button in SET mode.
The reset goes like this – colour-coded by the slightly darker orange stripe across the SET template:
– switch on hörbert, it plays from its loudspeaker.
– press the small SET button inside hörbert once, the LED lights up green continuously and hörbert becomes mute. The front buttons are now in SET mode.
– Press the diagonal of the three buttons dark purple, yellow and dark green all together, starting with the first row on the far left at dark purple.
– A short series of beeps will sound to confirm.
– Important: At the end, press the SET button inside again to save.
Now hörbert is reset to the factory setting, i.e.:
– The sleep timer is off
– Bluetooth is off
– Pairing is off
– No previous pairings are stored and devices must be paired again.
– hörbert is set in Forte mode
– WiFi is off
– The voice microphone is off.
– hörbert has no more saved WLAN data. The WLAN data (network name and password) must be written to the memory card again via the hörbert software and read in in hörbert via the SET mode -> press orange button for approx. 10s -> press SET button again to save.
The reset has no influence on the other settings of the memory card. So if you have enabled certain buttons for Bluetooth / voice microphone / WiFi recordings, these enablements will remain after the reset. When Bluetooth and pairing, as well as WiFi, are re-enabled, streaming, radio listening and recording can resume.
Further notes on the SET mode:
If you have pressed the SET button inside once, you can now directly set all the desired SET functions at once and only press the SET button again at the very end.
There is a time-out in SET mode after about 5 minutes. If you have not pressed the SET button again within 5 minutes, hörbert switches off with a signal tone and the settings are discarded. It is therefore important to make the desired settings according to the SET template within this period of time and to press the SET button again at the end to save.